A verse for today:

It is better to be patient than powerful; it is better to have self control than to conquer a city.
Proverbs 16:32

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Bit Overwhelmed ...

Yes, at times I find dieting, or rather, eating healthier, a bit overwhelming. At times I find myself thinking that my weight is controlling who I am. Does that make sense? Someone today noticed that I have lost some weight. They were actually very nice about it. So I just said, thank you and went about my business. But deep down, I felt thin. Thin? No not skinny, because I don't know what that feels like, since I have been heavy all my life. Even as a child I was the heavy set one. That was how I was described by my family when introduced. This is A, B and C is the heavy set one (or sometimes it was the "cubby" one is C). Just like that and the tag stayed. But I am trying so hard to rip off that tag. And it is sooo hard to do. Just those few words made my day... and it is a motivator for me to continue. I have been sickly the last few days, sore throat, just inky feeling, so eating healthy has been hard. Not impossible, but hard. I am craving salt - strange isn't it? Salt - like in crackers. So I did eat a handful of crackers just to get the salt out of my system ... but I could use another portion. Maybe tomorrow ...

This past weekend I looked my closet over and "found" a number of things that fit real nice now. So it is like having a new wardrobe. I plan to wear something "new" tomorrow. I will see how that goes. I have a meeting at 9 am - I plan to explain how a "supply exchange" will help our department save money. Should be no big deal but sometimes people get a bit terroritorial when it comes to money/budget. My presentation will go something like this: "If you have supplies in your cabinet that you have not used in several years, bring them on such and such day and we will exchange your supplies for my supplies." But... sometimes other people think, what?? my department used our budget to buy X and we don't want to get rid of it... That is just selfish in this day in time with budget cuts and all. It was the company's money that bought those supplies so who cares whose budget it came out of? There are several items in my cabinet that was bought for events that will not happen again so why not pass on the labels or binders that we will not use? Oh, well, we will see how this goes ... people can be funny about money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment