A verse for today:

It is better to be patient than powerful; it is better to have self control than to conquer a city.
Proverbs 16:32

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm a Bit Bummed ...

Maybe even a bit more than bummed out ... I'm just so angry? mad? disappointed? whatever I'm more than bummed out. I only lost 1.4 pounds this week - and I worked sooo hard - even went to the gym on Saturday- you would think that would have "helped" me to lose more than 1 pound. So my heart is on my sleeve and I want to eat, eat, eat. I must stay focused, I must not give up, I must not eat - in the past that is what I would have done. I would have told myself that "you worked so hard, you can't lose, eat, forget it nobody cares anyways." But I'm not that person anymore, I am strong, I am focused, I will lose this weight if it is one pound a week at a time, I will do it.

This one pound loss has been a knife in the heart - I have tried so hard this past week - I have exercised, walked the building every day, went to the gym, did Zumba with my friend, what else could I have done to make this week better? I am not sure. But tears are in my eyes whenever I think of my goal and now I don't think I will make it. I'm sooo disappointed - I so wanted to lose 57 pounds by the end of March. But with 16 pounds to go I must know that is not realistic so I need to stop harping about it and let it go -- and get as close as I can -- and know that I am doing the best I can. Stop beating myself up about it. I want to say it is not a big deal but it is to me -- only to me. Only one pound - I so wanted it to be more - I deserve it to be more - I worked so hard - maybe next week.

My plan for this next week: drink a lot more water, eat more veggies, watch the snacks (even thou I count them!), be more aware of carb type foods and avoid them.

Yes, I can do this, I can do this, yes, I will do this ... just one pound at a time. Watch my dust!!

No comments:

Post a Comment