A verse for today:

It is better to be patient than powerful; it is better to have self control than to conquer a city.
Proverbs 16:32

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

My valentine says:
To My Wonderful Wife
more often than you know,
during an ordinary moment,
I'll look at you and forget all the stuff
that clutters our lives ...

The Jobs, the bills, the schedules and routines -
they all fade away, and I see just you -
this absolutely wonderful woman
who I'm lucky enough to have by my side.

I know I don't tell you often enough,
but I really love the life we've made -
with all its ups and downs, its twists and turns.
I love it because I love the woman who's at the very heart of it all -
you, my wonderful wife.

Happy Valentine's Day

What a nice day - what a great card - almost made me cry - it does seem that stuff does clutter our lives - every day stuff. So it was so nice that he recongized it also. Even the weight issue clutters up our life - I am at 40 pounds now. I am starting to like the idea that I can wear several things that I have had in the closet for a long time. It seems that I have new clothes; just clothes that eveyone has forgotton that I have. What fun! I am still on track for my goal. Have you forgotton my goal? I will be 57 this year and I want to lose 57 pounds by my birthday. So I have got to work out some, eat right and believe in myself. So far I am right on track... we will see.

I went to the gym Saturday am and did a 30 minute work out so that was nice. Just a bit sore today not bad at all. Sold a few things on ebay, now I need to put a few more things on, sell, scan, describe, sell, scan, describe, what a busy life I have. But it works and I won't have it any other way.

My son may be spreading his wings and moving down south - he has always enjoyed the town down there and now that he has a girlfriend that goes to school there - he is looking into jobs. But hey, like I told him, he needs to be his own self. He is 27 now and has lived away from home several times but with the economy like it is he decided to move home to save money. And he has, saved money, I mean. And we will be fine, we will miss him, but we also know that he needs to be himself - wherever God sends him - I will be happy.

Must get ready for work tomorrow - Happy Valentine's Friends ...

No comments:

Post a Comment